CLOSEWhat does the Chamber do?
We lobby for pro-business initiatives, promote statewide economic growth, and globally competitive workforce. Staff lobbyists make sure that laws and regulations will promote an economic climate that will allow companies to thrive, grow, and provide jobs.
CLOSEWhat is the Chamber's mission?
The Tennessee Chamber of Commerce & Industry serves as the unified voice of business and premier advocacy organization in the state by creating prosperity for all citizens through an economy of increased productivity and global competitiveness.
CLOSEWhat is your top priority next year?
Education and a highly-skilled workforce to remain competitive in this economy.
CLOSEWho are your investors?
Our organization was founded by manufacturers and over 50% fall into that category. We also have investors from most other sectors including banks, law firms, warehousing, medical, insurance, hospitality, package delivery services and many more. Included in the list are small, medium, and large companies. Diverse investors are located throughout the state.
CLOSEHow does my local chamber interact with you?
In general, we provide access for local chambers to the state legislature in two ways. Many local Chambers choose to be investors in the State Chamber. About 100 local chambers are members of an association of chamber executives which organization, while not directly connected to the Chamber, is administered out of our office. Most likely your local chamber is an investor and a member of the Tennessee Chamber of Commerce Executives.
CLOSEHow can local chambers become a part of the Tennessee Chamber?
A $500 investment.
CLOSEWhat has the Tennessee Chamber accomplished for businesses?
The Chamber is the voice for businesses on Capitol Hill. Accomplishments include no new business taxes, workers comp reform and tort reform.
CLOSEI plan on vacation to Tennessee. Can you provide recommendations?
Please go to www.tnvacation.com for all tourism inquiries.
Manufacturing Output and Exports:
- TN total mfg output (2012): $41.4 Billion
- Mfg share of total Gross State Product (2012): 14.9%
- Mfg establishments in TN (2012): 6,322
- Mfg share of state exports (2011): 92%
Employment and Compensation:
- Mfg Employment (2011): 316,922
- Mfg Employment (% of overall non-farm)(2011):10.4%
- Avg. Annual Compensation in mfg (2011):$65,241
- Avg. Annual Compensation in Private non-farm sectors (2011): $38,685
- Mfg Pay Premium (2011): $26,556
TN Trade Statistics:
- Mfg Goods Exports (2012(: $29.3 billion
- Total jobs in all sectors supported by Mfg Goods Exports: 116,500
- Exports share of Mfg jobs: 19%
- 2009 – 2012 Growth in Mfg goods Exports: 51.7%
- Mfg accounts for 94% of TN exports (2012)
- Since 2009 TN Mfg goods exports grew 51.7% while the national average grew 46.9%
- Top 5 US export markets make up 58.2% of TN exports.
- Canada (29%), Mexico (13.5%), Japan (6.2%), China (5.6%), Belgium (4.4%)
- TN Exported $16 billion in goods to FTA trading partners – 54.7% of TN’s total exports.